Monday, November 30, 2009

Potato Soup and Crafties


Since I didn't get to the grocery store today, we are having whatever I can find in the pantry for dinner :-) I always have onions and garlic - so that's a given in a recipe. Hmm... leftover Russet potatoes from Thanksgiving (not cooked) - potato soup!

I sauteed some onions and garlic in Necoa margarine (would work with EVOO too but I like the buttery taste). While they were sauteeing I chopped up the potatoes. I then threw everything into the crockpot with a can of coconut milk and half a can of chicken broth.

In crafty news, I am working on a felt playhouse for Riley for Christmas similar to this one at Homemade by Jill (my inspiration!). So far I have the tree cut out and half sewn along with some leaves and carrots, lettuce and apples cut out. It's coming along fairly quickly actually!

We got the tree up this weekend! Riley is thrilled though I'm already regretting the tinsel. I thought maybe if it was up on the table with the chairs taken away it would help, but nothing stop the Attack of the TALL BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment